Wednesday, August 19, 2009

DuPage River Trail extension

I see the City of Naperville has broken ground for a 2.5-mile extension of the DuPage River Trail. It'll connect the south end at 87th and Ring Road to the intersection at Royce Road and Washington. In addition, I notice there's a new paved trail across the street from the DuPage River Sports Complex into the forest preserve toward Whalon Lake. Cool. This is going to be one heck of a nice bike ride when it's completed.

They're planning a new bridge across the DuPage river, so if I want to go south I won't have to risk my life on the narrow Washington Street bridge or take a 12-mile detour around on Naper-Plainfield.

The new segment will be open next summer.

Supposedly the trail will go all the way to 115th Street, eventually.

Thanks, Naperville!

News release and map.

No comments:

Post a Comment