Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Shwarma run

We’ve had a string of unusually mild days in November, so I’ve taken advantage by bringing my trail bike to work for a lunchtime spin. There’s a new restaurant, Damascus Falafel, a couple of miles down the road, which makes a tempting target.

91st Street was recently repaved. Too bad they couldn’t afford a couple of bike lanes along this picturesque roadway. Luckily it’s not too busy.

Lunch is served: chicken shwarma bowl with lots of greens and a modest squirt of garlic sauce. I highly recommend this place.

On the way back, I decided to take the scenic route through Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve. First I had to stop and read this signpost version of "War and Peace."

 Waterfall Glen is a wonderful ride pretty much any time of year. Well, I guess I can’t speak to winter. I haven’t tried it in the snow.

Stowing the bike in the car, and back to reality. Sigh.

dsj 151103

No comments:

Post a Comment