Saturday, June 13, 2015

Kidnapped!

So my wife kidnapped me on my birthday and forced me to attend a Cubs game and eat barbecue ribs and drink cheap wine. 
You see how angry I am at being kidnapped.
I have the best life companion anyone could ever hope for. She had to plan this stuff months in advance.
How did she know it was my birthday!?
Here's how it went down:

She says we're going to a great barbecue place in Chicago. She (not intentionally) drives right by Wrigley Field. I'm inwardly groaning because I know there's a game at 3:05 — I can hear the organ playing.


We pull up in front of the Majestic Hotel a few blocks away. I'm really confused because I'm looking for a BBQ joint.


"Oh, by the way we're staying here tonight," she said.


A little bit hopeful, I asked, "Are we going to the Cubs game, too?"  She just smiled at me. Duh.


At 2:30 p.m., we're at a chilly, misty Wrigley Field, gobbling down foot-long hot dogs and waiting for the game to begin.



Kris Bryant gets a hit.


Starlin Castro celebrates a homer.

The home team lost 5-4, but it was a fun game with two close plays at the plate. My Cubs are a scrappy team this year and a blast to watch in person. Mary got us great seats, of course. 


After the game, barbecue ribs and a nightcap at a funky bar nearby.


I love that girl. And I suspect she loves me.



 dsj 150613


1 comment: