Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Grounded

Have barely ridden the bike for more than a week, except for a quick 15-miler to visit my grandmother. My achilles tendons are still sore from the North Shore Century, and of course there's been this:

That, my friends, is one huuuuuge low-pressure system centered directly on my house. It extends from Lake Superior (at the very top) to the Gulf of Mexico (at the bottom) where it can suck enormous amounts of moisture from the warm, oily waters, transport it north, and dump it on my local bike trails in a never-ending series of showers and spitting drizzles. This thing has been sitting exactly where it is for close to five days now. It's forecast to ... move ... very ... slowly ... off to the east after tomorrow. Good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment